Mouthwash should never be used as a substitute for brushing and flossing. We all have plaque bacteria on the surfaces of our teeth and need to physically clean the tooth with a toothbrush and floss. Mouthrinses may aid in reducing bacterial levels by other means but does not actually remove plaque bacteria.
It is like attempting to remove bird droppings by pouring a bottle of water of it.
There have been a lot of reports in the media but nothing has been founded or proven as yet. If you are concerned, switch to a mouthrinse which does not contain alcohol.